Philly Cheesesteak Sauce
Author: Big Messy Man
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk, heated
- 1 cup grated aged provolone cheese
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the warm milk, and cook, whisking constantly until thickened, about 4 to 5 minutes. Remove the mixture from the heat and whisk in the provolone and Parmesan until combined; season with the salt and pepper.