Penne with Chicken, Asparagus and Lemon Alfredo Sauce
Author: Big Messy Man
- 1 lb. penne rigate (penne with ridges) pasta
- 1 lb. thin asparagus
- 12 oz. chicken tenders
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ c. flour
- 1½ tbsp. olive oil
- 1 jar Alfredo sauce
- 1 tbsp. grated lemon peel
- 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- ¼ c. Grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large tomato
- ¼ c. snipped fresh chives
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Garnish: finely shredded lemon peel
- Cook pasta in a large pot of lightly salted boiling water as package directs, adding asparagus 3 minutes before pasta is done.
- Meanwhile sprinkle chicken with salt, then toss with flour to lightly coat.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over high heat. Add chicken; sauté 3 minutes until golden and just barely cooked through. Add Alfredo sauce, peel, juice and cheese. Bring to a simmer and cook 1 to 2 minutes until chicken is done
- Drain pasta and asparagus; return to pot. Immediately add sauce, tomato, chives and pepper. Toss to mix and coat.