Parmesan Alfredo Sauce, Quick
Author: Big Messy Man
Recipe type: Sauce
- ½ cup butter (no subs!)
- 1 -2 teaspoon minced garlic (can use a bit more only if you like extreme garlic taste!)
- 1 cup whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- ½ teaspoon basil (rubbed between fingers to release the flavor)
- 1 - 1.25 cup grated parmesan cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- Place butter and garlic in a 4-cup Pyrex measuring cup.
- Microwave uncovered in HIGH for 2 minutes.
- Remove and stir in whipping cream, nutmeg (if using) basil and black pepper.
- Return to the microwave uncovered on HIGH for another 2-3 minutes, until bubbling.
- Remove and stir in Parmesan cheese, return to the microwave for 2-3 minutes longer until thick and smooth.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.