Garlic Butter Rice
Author: Big Messy Man
- 6-8 cloves garlic very finely sliced
- 2-3 tablespoons vegetable oil or canola, grapeseed or other neutral flavoured oil
- 2 ½ teaspoons garlic minced
- 4 tablespoons butter salted or unsalted, divided
- 1 ½ cups white rice medium or long grain is best (raw)
- 2 ½ cups chicken broth
- ¼-½ cup scallions finely sliced
- saltwhite pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic slices and saute, moving constantly, until golden and crisp. Transfer to paper towels to drain.
- Pour out excess oil then return to the stove.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter. Once melted, add garlic. Cook for 1 ½ minutes or until the garlic starts to turn light golden and the butter is well infused with garlic flavour.
- Add rice, stir to coat in garlic butter.
- Add broth, place lid on saucepan. Bring to simmer then immediately turn down to medium low.
- Cook for 12 – 15 minutes or until liquid is all absorbed by the rice. Tilt saucepan to check.
- Remove from stove but leave lid on. Rest for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork, transfer into serving bowl. Stir through remaining butter and scallions, or garnish as per photos. Sprinkle with crispy garlic, salt, and pepper. Serve.