Author: Big Messy Man
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 lb ground beef.
- ¾ cup chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons salad oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (1 lb) can crushed tomatoes
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or clove garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon oregano leaves
- 4 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (at least)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In large heavy pan lightly brown beef and onion in oil.
- Add tomatoes, paste, water, parsley, salt, sugar, garlic, pepper, and oregano; simmer uncovered, stirring occasionally about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile cook (or soak for 15 mins in hot water) lasagne as directed; drain.
- In 13x9x2" baking pan, spread about 1 cup sauce.
- Alternate layers of lasagne, sauce, ricotta, mozzarella and parmesean cheese, ending with sauce, mozzarella and parmesean.
- Bake at 350 for 40 to 50 minutes until lightly browned and bubbling. Half covered, half uncovered.
- Allow to stand for 15 minutes; cut in squares to serve.