Author: Big Messy Man
Recipe type: Entree
- 1 cup low-fat plain yogurt (not Greek)
- ¼ cup Frank's RedHot sauce
- ¼ cup Sriracha
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into approximately 1½-inch pieces
- Vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 3 cups Asian white rice flour (not sticky rice flour)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Marinate the Chicken
- Combine yogurt, Frank's, and Sriracha in a medium mixing bowl and stir well. Add chicken, stir to coat well, cover, and marinate in the fridge for at least 12 hours or up to 2 days (the longer, the better).
- Batter and Fry the Chicken
- Preheat oven to 200°F. Pour enough oil into a large pot to reach a depth of about 3". Set pot over medium-high heat and bring oil to 325°F (use deep-fry thermometer).
- Meanwhile, combine 2 cups rice flour with salt, pepper, and 2 cups water in another medium mixing bowl and stir really well. Put remaining 1 cup rice flour on a large plate. Work with a third of the chicken at a time: Remove chicken from marinade, then add chicken to plate with rice flour and toss to coat in a thin layer. Transfer chicken to batter, toss well, shake gently, then carefully add chicken to oil.
- Fry each batch, stirring occasionally, until deep golden brown and crispy, 3–4 minutes. Use a spider to transfer nuggets to a paper towel-lined baking sheet, season immediately with salt, and keep warm in oven.