Author: Big Messy Man
Recipe type: Sauce
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely chopped shallots
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ cup grated Romano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium heat. Add shallots; cook and stir until tender, 2-3 minutes. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add cream; cook and stir until heated through. Stir in Asiago, ½ cup Parmesan, Romano cheese, salt and pepper; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until thickened, about 10 minutes, whisking occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, reserving 1 cup pasta water; place pasta in a large bowl. Add sauce; toss to coat. Thin as desired with reserved pasta water. Serve with the remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese.